Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
We believe — we know – that having a diverse mix of voices and representation makes us better in every aspect, from professional to personal. We are diligent in our efforts to ensure that NCMIC is an inclusive environment for all.
Our “take care of our own” philosophy translates into initiatives that engage not only employees, but also our customers and the community. A few of these examples include:
- Diversity and inclusion coaching and educational programming for staff
- A Rotational Employment Program that mentors and hires employees from diverse communities to work at NCMIC
- An internal DEI committee that helps the company use diverse vendors, provides educational opportunities and plans company-wide events that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
- Programming, mentorship and support for NCMIC’s female employees, comprising 60% of the overall workforce, 50% of who are working in leadership or management positions
- Supporting area non-profits both financially and through volunteering with organizations such as Oakridge Neighborhood Services, Boys & Girls Club of Central Iowa, Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Iowa
- Our CEO Mike McCoy was one of the first leaders in the region to sign the CEO Commitment to Racial Equity in DSM
We will consistently work toward building a more thoughtful and engaged workforce and be ready—and willing—to make changes that create a more open and inclusive environment.