You work hard for your money, and you don't want to lose it by becoming a victim of financial mismanagement or worse, embezzlement.
Posted in Podcasts on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
You work hard for your money, and you don’t want to lose it by becoming a victim of financial mismanagement or worse, embezzlement. Join us in this informative episode as we delve into the critical realm of internal controls within chiropractic practices. Financial stability and process efficiency are essential for any practice's success, and our guest, Julie Nesbitt, Sr. Managing Consultant at FORVIS, shares invaluable insights to strengthen your practice against potential dangers.
Julie and Mike discuss:
- Real-life narratives of chiropractors navigating treacherous financial waters due to lax internal controls.
- The benefits internal controls bring to small healthcare practices.
- An eye-opening analysis of the risks small healthcare practices face without consistent internal controls.
- Practical examples of internal controls in the daily operations of your practice.
- Guidance on assessing your practice's current internal control framework and pinpointing areas that will benefit from improvement.
- Sustainable methods for monitoring and upkeep of your practice's internal controls.
And that's not all! In our "Ask NCMIC" segment, Shanna Patrick dissects the potential hazards lurking behind participation in social media trends to help you protect your practice's reputation and ensure a secure online presence.
Tune in to this episode to strengthen your practice's financial health and stay ahead in the ever-evolving landscape of healthcare. Your practice's prosperity starts with effective internal controls!
Contact the expert
Julie Nesbitt, CPA, MBA, CCIFP
Sr. Managing Consultant / Cincinnati
Outsourced Accounting Services
In this episode we refer to the following resource: