Homeowners Insurance Coverage

Owning a home is a big investment. So it makes sense to protect it with your other possessions. Whether you own a house, townhome or condo, there are a variety of options to find the insurance that fits your needs and your budget. And if you rent, consider a renter's policy to protect your belongings.

Standard Coverages

Homeowners insurance policies typically include coverage for:

  • Dwelling – damage to your home’s physical structure
  • Other structure – damage to a detached garage, shed, fence or other structure on your property
  • Personal property – furniture, electronics, clothes
  • Loss of use – additional living expenses if needed following a covered loss
  • Liability – personal liability in case someone is injured or if their property is damaged by you or a family member

Additional Coverages

Depending on your situation, you may also want to consider insurance for:

  • Jewelry, art and antiques – if you have valuable keepsakes, you may need additional insurance if any of these items are damaged, destroyed or stolen
  • Equipment breakdown – replaces covered appliances that have an unexpected mechanical or electrical breakdown that’s not caused by normal wear and tear or corrosion.
  • Water backup – provides coverage up to a specific dollar amount if water backs up through your sewer or drain, or if water overflows or is discharged from your sump pump.
  • Identity fraud – provides coverage to help cover costs to restore your identity if it's used fraudulently.

Discounts Available

Most homeowners policies offer discounts for security and sprinkler systems that are installed in your home. And you may be eligible for a discount if your home and auto are insured by the same company. Your insurance agent can tell you more about the discounts available.

Renters Insurance

If you rent, your landlord’s insurance typically only covers the costs of repairing the building if it’s damaged or destroyed. A renters insurance policy provides coverage for:

  • Personal possessions – clothes, electronics, furniture, etc.
  • Liability protection – if someone is injured while in your home or if you, your family members or your pets cause property damage or bodily injury
  • Additional living expenses – if you can’t live in your home after a disaster

Make sure you have the homeowners insurance you need in place. NCMIC Insurance Services can help. Call one of our experienced agents today at 800-769-2000, ext. 8180 or email agents@ncmic.com.

This website uses first party and third party cookies to improve your experience and anonymously track site visits. By visiting this website, you opt-in to the use of cookies. OK