At NCMIC, our know-how may help you avoid a claim or board complaint. All doctors can view a variety of risk management articles and posts, and policyholders can browse our extensive archive of Examiner case studies and articles by selecting the "My NCMIC Login" tab and signing in.
- Real-life cases studies so you can learn from the experiences of others.*
- Practical articles with strategies for avoiding a malpractice allegation or board complaint.
- Q & As about potential claims situations.
- Case Study: Lost Records Challenge Defense
If you’re like most D.C.s, losing even part of a single record would be nerve wracking. Imagine if you lost all of your records … and a lawsuit ensued. Find out what happened when a D.C. encountered this very situation.
- Common Documentation Mistakes
Find out how making these common documentation mistakes could put your practice at risk in the event of a malpractice allegation.
- Five Ways Your Staff Can Reduce Practice Risk
It’s easy to underestimate your employees’ potential influence on whether a patient decides to sue you. But consider this: In many offices, your staff will have more contact with patients than you.
Go to Risk Management Library.
View all risk management posts.