What is the company's expertise and involvement with the profession?
When it comes to protecting your reputation, you don't want to take chances. It's vital to have a knowledgeable, experienced company that specializes in chiropractic fighting for you.
An experienced malpractice insurance company will know the latest chiropractic issues, chiropractic-specific cases and litigation strategies. In contrast, a doctor's defense may suffer if…
- Claims are outsourced to an outside insurance company.
- Neither the claims staff nor the D.C.’s defense attorney know much about chiropractic issues.
- There’s a lack of respect for the chiropractic profession by the claims staff or the attorney.
What's more, it's important to ensure your malpractice company is invested in giving back to chiropractic rather than just benefiting from it. Look for companies that support chiropractic research and education programs, take an active role in state and national professional organizations, and understand the chiropractic issues facing the profession today.
Another important consideration is how the company supports the chiropractic colleges. Ask if the company has…
- Provided funding for research that enables curriculum enhancements.
- Offered a business education training program for students through the colleges.
- Taught colleges, students and practitioners about malpractice business risks.
©2019, NCMIC Insurance Company, Clive, Iowa. The NCMIC family of companies provides professional liability insurance and financial services to health care professionals. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any means, including photocopying, or utilized by any information storage and retrieval system without written permission from the copyright owner. We Take Care of Our Own is a registered service mark of NCMIC Group, Inc. and NCMIC Risk Retention Group, Inc.