The NCMIC Malpractice Insurance Plan
Because NCMIC's Malpractice Insurance Plan was created by chiropractors for chiropractors, each benefit was designed with your needs as a D.C. in mind. Our motto, “We Take Care of Our Own®,” reflects our commitment to give you the first-rate, personalized service and protection you deserve. A variety of additional coverages are available, if allowed by your state, allowing you to customize your protection for the way you practice now and in the future. Coverages include:
NEW! $60,000 Audit and Legal Defense Endorsement available at no additional charge. This endorsement includes defense coverage for State Disciplinary Proceedings, Civil Sexual Misconduct Allegations, Wrongful Billing and Related Proceedings for federal/state funded programs (including private health insurance company billing audits), HIPAA and Privacy Related Proceedings, and Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Review.
Professional Entity Coverage with Shared Limits of Liability at no additional charge.1 Protects the corporation, association or partnership from liability due to the negligent acts of employees. Separate limits of liability available for an extra charge.
Peer Review and Utilization Review. Coverage for rendering an opinion on the adequacy, necessity or reasonableness of care furnished by another practitioner, based on a review of the patient’s records without a physical examination. Coverage is also provided for review or evaluation of professional services rendered by a professional practitioner for the purposes of determining competency. Provides for payment of the reasonable legal fees and expenses of a lawyer and damages within limits of liability of $25,000 per incident and $50,000 per policy period. Does not have to relate to a malpractice action.
Dual License Coverage. Doctors of Chiropractic who hold an additional license as a naturopathic doctors or acupuncturist can be covered under the same policy for both licenses for a nominal additional premium. No additional premium is charged for chiropractors who maintain a second license as a physical therapist or massage therapist.2
1 Shared limits are not allowed by CT or KS.
2 Dual license coverage for Physical Therapy is not available in MA.
NCMIC's Malpractice Insurance Plan
- Over 70 years of experience in chiropractic malpractice
- Supports and insures chiropractic colleges and universities across the U.S.
- Founded by Doctors of Chiropractic
Plan Features and Benefits
- True Consent-to-Settle feature*
- No arbitration clauses
- All legal fees paid outside policy limits
- $60,000 Audit and Legal Defense Endorsement available at no additional charge**
- Claims-made and occurrence plans available
- 1st year D.C.s - 80%
- 2nd year D.C.s - 60%
- 3rd year D.C.s - 40%
- 4th year D.C.s - 20%
- 5th year D.C.s - 10%
- Claims-free record - 3%-20%
- Risk management - 5%
- For part-time status - Call for details
- Claims staff with over 300 years of combined experience to guide you
- Over 500 expert defense attorneys in our nationwide network
- Hotline for questions regarding a potential claim or a delicate situation
- No membership fees
- Premium dividends paid every year since 1996***
- FREE subscription to the Examiner risk management publication
- Underwriting, claims and service handled in one place—no outside broker or outside call center
- Interactive website with resources, tools, advice and more to help run your practice
* Consent to Settle is not allowed by MD.
** Subject to underwriting approval.
*** This is not a guaranteed benefit.
Policy terms may vary by state law. The NCMIC Malpractice Insurance Plan is underwritten by NCMIC Insurance Company. In the states of Florida and New York, the NCMIC Malpractice Insurance Plan is issued by NCMIC Risk Retention Group, Inc.
©2019, NCMIC Insurance Company, Clive, Iowa. The NCMIC family of companies provides professional liability insurance and financial services to health care professionals. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any means, including photocopying, or utilized by any information storage and retrieval system without written permission from the copyright owner. We Take Care of Our Own is a registered service mark of NCMIC Group, Inc. and NCMIC Risk Retention Group, Inc.