As a MilesAway business credit card holder, it's important that you're notified when suspicious behavior occurs on your account. Here's how to set custom alerts when certain activities occur.
Posted in MilesAway Mastercard on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Being aware of fraud attempts on your credit card is always a smart idea — but it’s even more essential around the holiday season. Because fraud tends to increase when overall consumer spending increases, it’s a great idea to make sure you have alerts set before the shopping season kicks into high gear.
Customize Fraud Alerts
With MilesAway, you’re able to choose what types of behavior you prefer to receive notifications about. You can choose to be notified if someone attempts to change account information such as:
- Physical address
- Email address
- Social security number
- PIN number
- Phone number
You can also select notifications for balance transfers, out of state charges, international charges, if someone tries to use your card number without having the physical card, and more.
The customization allows you to choose (or avoid) the alerts that make the most sense for the way you use your card.
Example: If you frequently use your card in a state other than your billing address, you may opt not to receive notifications when your card is used out of state.
Choose Other Alerts
You can also set up alerts for events that are not necessarily related to fraud, such as upcoming payment dates, if you’re approaching your credit limit, or if your account is past due. You may also decline all alerts if you prefer to receive no notifications at all.
How to Set Your Alerts
To customize your alert settings, log into your MilesAway account at mymilesaway.com. Then:
- Hover over “Alerts” on the left side.
- Select “Manage Registration”
- Create a registration name such as “My Mastercard”
- Select Destination 1 — this is where you would like to receive your alerts
- Enter email or cell phone depending on your preference.
- Select Destination 2 if you'd like to receive alerts in multiple locations
- Read terms and conditions
- Select Submit. You should see this notification:
- Select the Continue button.
- Hover over Alerts and select Manage Alert Preferences, then choose the registration you just set up — i.e. "My Mastercard." A list of alerts should pop up.
- Select Alerts, then choose your preferences. You can also choose how to receive your alerts:
Note that you will also receive a text or an email, depending on your preferences, that confirms your enrollment. It will look similar to this:
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-400-5711, ext. 5530. We’re happy to walk you through it!