Not accepting credit cards may work for some practices, but when you're evaluating that decision, make sure to weigh these pros against the cons.
Posted in Accepting Credit Cards or Not on Tuesday, December 21, 2021
Every practice is different. You may not feel the need to accept credit cards in yours, and that may be working fine for you. But it’s not a bad idea to reevaluate once in a while to make sure that’s still the best decision for your business.
Here are a few reasons you may want to consider offering payment by credit card. You may be surprised!
1. It’s more convenient for your patients. The more payment options you can offer, the better. Fewer people carry cash now, and since the pandemic, it’s even less common. The popularity of contactless payments is on the rise.
2. Your sales will likely increase. People tend to spend more when they are using a credit card. It could be a huge boost to your practice revenue to accept credit cards if you sell supplements or other products.
3. It’s more affordable than you may think. If your practice is small with a lower volume of revenue, you may not think accepting credit cards is cost effective. With so many options available, this probably isn’t the case. Talk to a trusted credit card processing company about options that will fit your specific needs and budget. They likely have a program with low rates and credit card processing fees designed for your situation. You don’t know until you ask.
4. Your competition probably accepts credit cards. Even if your customers are loyal, you don’t want to give them a reason to leave. Not accepting credit cards may inadvertently give the impression that your practice is outdated.
5. Setup is hassle-free. You may assume business will be interrupted, or it will take a lot of time to get everything up and running. Or, perhaps you’re not super tech-savvy. No worries. Generally, the process is fine-tuned to be stress-free. Your credit card processing equipment usually comes programmed and ready to go out of the box.
6. It’s safer than ever. You may be worried about credit card fraud. The good news is, this form of payment continues to evolve to prevent fraud. There are many safety measures in place to help you mitigate fraudulent sales. You’ll have fewer worries about bounced checks, too!
7. Reporting is a breeze. Accepting credit cards makes it easy to track your sales. You’ll have a better idea of what comes in and out in terms of payment. Plus, many credit card processing programs integrate with accounting software like Quickbooks® to make it easier than ever for you.
8. Integration with EHR systems is available. If it’s been a while since you’ve considered a payment processing program, you’ll be glad to know many fully integrate with EHR systems. This can be a huge help for your practice. You can take advantage of streamlined workflow, fewer errors, time savings and increased data security.
9. Flexible options are available for all practice needs. Want a basic credit card processing program or all the bells and whistles? Maybe something in between. Credit card processing has come a long way, and there are options that will fit your practice needs, whatever they are. Whether you’re just getting started, ready to introduce mobile credit card processing or online sales, or just need updated payment processing equipment, there are options for you.
At NCMIC, accepting credit card payments for small business is a topic our representatives love to talk about! If you have questions about card processing options or payment processing equipment, just give us a call at 800-960-9002. We want to help you and your practice be successful.
Trademarks listed are the property of their respective owners.