Business Owners' Protection
Having the right business insurance can make a difference in your financial security. An unexpected loss could cause your practice to temporarily close, move to a new location or permanently shut down.
A Business Owners' Policy (BOP) combines two critical kinds of business insurance: property insurance and general liability insurance. This covers the building if you own it, your property and your business assets if someone is injured at your practice.
- Property Insurance – To cover tables, X-ray equipment, office furniture, computers and more.
- General Liability Insurance – Provides coverage if you are sued because of libel, slander, advertising misprints, slips and falls.
- Product Liability Insurance – If you are reselling supplements or orthotics under the original label (and not relabeling).
- Business Interruption Insurance (also called Business Income Insurance) – If you have to close your practice because of a covered claim, this insurance may provide income you would have made during that time as well as costs you may incur if you have to practice at a temporary location.
Make Sure Your Practice is Protected
Discuss your practice setup with one of our agents to determine what insurance program best meets your needs. Depending on your situation, you may want to consider additional insurance protection such as:
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) – Coverage in the event of a lawsuit for wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, violation of the Family Medical Leave Act and more.
- Umbrella Insurance – This is an affordable option for additional financial protection when liability limits are reached on other policies such as your BOP or workers' compensation policy.
- Product Liability Insurance – You may need a separate product liability policy if you are relabeling and selling products under your own business name. This policy is also necessary if you are producing your own treatment equipment such as orthotics or treatment tools.
Get a Quote
Call us for helpful support at 800-769-2000 ext. 8180