California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
Last updated: January 1, 2020
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with certain additional privacy rights related to the personal information NCMIC Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates* (collectively, “NCMIC,” “we”, “us”) collects. This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice (“Notice") supplements the information contained in NCMIC’s online privacy statement and NCMIC’s customer privacy notices.
This Notice applies solely to consumers who are residents of the State of California (“you”). This Notice does not apply to the personal information NCMIC collects in connection with a business to business transaction. More specifically, this Notice does not apply to personal information reflecting a communication or transaction where you are a natural person who is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency.
What is Personal Information?
The CCPA defines personal information as information that “identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular” California consumer or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information or consumer information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect and Purposes for Collection
Because of the nature of our business, we need to collect personal information to provide, improve, and market our products and services. We also need to collect personal information to support business operations and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Therefore, NCMIC may collect the following categories of your personal information:
- Personal identifiers, such as name, address, email, social security number, and driver's license number
- Personal information, such as bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Biometric information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment related information
- Non-public education information
- Inferences drawn from any of the categories of personal information listed above
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information
NCMIC does not sell personal information and we have not done so for the 12-month period preceding the last revision date of this Notice. However, during the past 12 months, we have disclosed personal information in the categories listed above for business purposes.
Sources from Which Personal Information is Collected
Depending on the context, we may collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from California residents or individuals acting on behalf of California residents (for example, via a product application, online interactions, or the filing of a claim)
- Public records and other widely available sources
- Credit reporting agencies
- Service providers
Your Rights Under the CCPA
Right to Know About Your Personal Information
You have the right to know certain information about how we have collected, used, and disclosed your personal information for the 12 months preceding the date of your request. You also have the right to request that we provide you with specific pieces of your personal information. These rights are subject to certain exceptions.
Upon receipt of your request, and after we verify your identity, we may provide you with information about the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information
- The categories of your personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose
If responding to all or part of your request would conflict with federal or state law, or your personal information is subject to an exemption under the CCPA, we will inform you of that fact. We will respond to the portion of your request that is not in conflict with applicable laws or exempt under the CCPA.
Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that NCMIC delete personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions and exemptions. This right is subject to certain exceptions. Absent an exception or exemption, upon receipt of your request, and after we verify your identity, we will delete and will direct our service providers to delete your personal information.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
If you are a California resident, you (or someone you have authorized to act on your behalf), may submit a CCPA request by:
- Contacting us by phone at 1-800-769-2000, ext. 4272, or
- Emailing us at email@example.com
In order to verify your identity, we will ask for information such as your name, date of birth, email, phone number, and address. We cannot respond to your request or provide information if we are not able to verify your identity or verify that a person has been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
If you have any questions or concerns about this California Consumer Privacy Act Notice or regarding NCMIC’s privacy policies and practices, please contact us at 1-800-769-2000, ext. 4272 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.